While you should keep your car under check year round, there are a few things that tend to pop up in the summer and can end up causing major trouble if not addressed promptly.
* Make sure there are no cracks in the radiator. If coolant is leaking, it can end up damaging the engine. Also, a low level of coolant can result in your car overheating.
* Brake pads wear out quicker during the summer because of the heat. Have the brakes checked and replace pads if necessary.
* Damaged or worn belts can cause the air conditioner to work poorly during the summer. This in turn causes your car to use up more gas to cool down the interior and may cause lasting damage as well.
* Your car’s emergency kit should include coolant for the car and bottled water for you. If your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, you don’t want to be caught without something to drink and keep you hydrated while you’re waiting for help.
* Change your oil at the beginning of summer to make sure it’s in good condition to get you through the heat.
* Get your AC recharged, it does not cost much to recharge your AC. If it is low on freon, the AC unit will have to work harder to cool the car.
For all of your car shipping, auto transport and enclosed transport needs, call us TODAY!