- Check the radiator for any cracks. If any coolant is leaking and/or below the necessary level, it can cause the engine to overheat and then many problems would follow that.
- Brake pads are worn quicker due to the increased heat of the summer, so make sure to keep an eye on them.
- Make sure to check the timing belts because worn belts can cause the A/C to work poorly and may also increase fuel consumption in order to cool down the vehicles interior.
- An emergency kit should always be in the vehicle for any unforeseen occurrences. In the kit should be several items including coolant for the vehicle and bottled water for the driver, in the event of a break down in the middle of nowhere.
- Change your oil at the commencement of the summer season so that your vehicle is in good condition throughout the heated months.
- Always recharge your air conditioning system at the start of summer. It doesn't cost much and if it’s low on Freon, then the A/C will have to work harder to cool you and the vehicle down.
As long as you follow these few tips for the summer, you can easily beat the heat. For all of your college auto transport and car shipping needs, call N-Motion Auto Transport for hassle free auto shipping rates.